In the past few weeks...
…a lot has happened!
- Went to Jump Sky High with a bunch of people from Plaxo. It’s basically 3 huge trampoline rooms and a foam pit that you get to play around on for $9/hr. We found it odd that you can only do flips on the trampolines and off the walls, but not into the foam pit. It only took a little practice before I could do decent back flips as well as flips off the trampoline walls. Maybe this summer I’ll learn to do them off any wall…
- Finished school this past Thursday and it feels great! In a few days I’m flying home for graduation which is on Sunday. Still waiting for the final grades to roll in.
- Started using Amazon S3 along with JungleDisk and am enjoying it so far. Had Explorer lock up a few times when accessing the mounted drive in Windows but other than that it has been stable. Even though I have 2 300gb drives in mirrored raid in my desktop it feels good to have a remote backup of certain things. Losing data really sucks.
- Got a new 50-200mm lens for my camera and have been able to take some cool macro shots. Since 50mm still feels zoomed in I’m sure I’ll be switching to the 18-55mm lens that came with the camera for larger shots.
- Finally signed up for Twitter and am enjoying Twitterific on my mac. Hopefully I can remember to update it reasonably often (I’m terrible with AIM away messages).
- Been working on the new WAP for Plaxo (now at m.plaxo.com!) and using it almost daily. If my phone had a button to jump to a specific WAP site I’m sure I’d use it even more.
- Pre-ordered Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and am remaining optimistic about its release date and ability to deliver good gameplay. I hope I’m not let down!